Friday, August 24, 2012

Someone Press Pause, Please

There are days, like today for instance, where I would love to be able to stop (or at least slow down) time - for at least a little while.

Yes, I'm having one of those soppy mommy moments where I realize that right before my very eyes my boy is growing up.

And I'm not just talking about him getting physically taller, though he is doing that as well. It hasn't been like when he was small and would reach some major milestone that we could celebrate, call the grand parents and get excited. No, this seems more subtle than that.


I'm noticing little things - often it's something we no longer have to remind him to do; sometimes it's a genuine offer to help out and that moment when you realize it really would be a big help to have him join in; sometimes it's a look where he so reminds me of Wonder Dad; and other times it's sharing a moment together when I realize I'm just being myself, not just his "mom."

I don't know if any of this makes any sense, but I wanted to get it down before the moment slips away again.

No comments:

Post a Comment