Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Project 16 to 16: Day 16

I had always planned to take this photo for our last day of this project. It was planned to contrast with our last post from our P15-to-15 last year. As you can see, we have traded places in the car ride to and from school.

The Boy got his learner's permit back in January and starting in earnest this summer, has worked very hard to be ready for his driver's test. Due to the upheaval in our schedules, it will be another couple of weeks before we take him to the DMV for his test, but he's ready.

On the other hand, *I* am not ready! Yes, I have every confidence in his driving, but I do not trust everyone else on the road and it's like a knife in my heart just THINKING of him pulling out of the driveway without his dad or I at his side.

However, I have a couple of more weeks and I'm going to push the thought from my mind and enjoy the status quo while it lasts.


In our look back, we see one of my all time FAVORITE photos of Wonder Boy! He's always been a bit of an adrenaline junkie, but I think white water rafting may just deliver the biggest rush he's had to date!

Even though he was tossed from the boat, got stuck underneath it, and nearly gave me a heart attack waiting for him to reappear, he L-O-V-E-D it! He loved it so much that he begged us for another day on the river after this excursion, in a more difficult class of rapids even.

I am thankful we got to share this wild ride with the Boy (though I would have preferred he stayed in the boat the whole time). I know the day is coming when he'll be off on his own for this kind of adventure.

And it is on this note, that I close out this project for the year.

As happens every year, as I look back, I simply marvel at how far our Boy has come, how much he has grown, and fast he has changed. He is my all time favorite nearly-16 year old in the WHOLE HISTORY of 16 year olds!

And I hope he knows how much he is loved and cherished!

No comments:

Post a Comment