Friday, May 31, 2013

Class Dismissed

I almost can't believe the words I'm typing now, but Wonder Boy has finished 5th grade and is starting his summer vacation!

I'm not sure where the time has gone, really. It seems to me like it was just yesterday that we were scouting for supplies, picking up schedules and having the Boy practice opening a combination lock in preparation for his first school year with his own locker. And now we're filing away old school papers, picking out summer camps, and locating goggles and sunscreen for days at the pool.

Here's a quick look back at some of my favorite images from the school year:


I say it at almost every milestone, but again as we close out this year, it strikes me just how much Wonder Boy and grown and changed over the course of the school year. He has become so much more independent and confident. He is still a loving and playful kid, but he's matured enough that we talk about more than just video games and play dates.

But now is not the time for deep conversations, it's the start of summer! Now is the time for lazy days, swimming, and fun with friends. I am certain Wonder Boy's time off from school will be filled with all of these things and so much more.

1 comment:

  1. Summer time is the best! Love the collage! Enjoy your time together! It is much needed!

    ReplyDelete