Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Project 17 to 17: Day 15

I love this snap of Wonder Boy taken this morning.

If you have read this blog long (or known our family for any length of time), you will understand what an understatement it is for me to say that Wonder Boy is NOT a morning person.

So it has always been a surprise to me that this Boy, who would be happiest if his day started after 10am, gets himself up every school day by 6:30am. He sets the alarm on his wrist watch and that's it. We don't have to knock on his door. We don't have to double check that he is up, dressed, packed and ready. He's got it covered.

He doesn't do these things quickly. And there is no bounce in his step as he goes about his preparations for the day. But he gets it done.

So I cannot begrudge him 15 minutes sprawled across the love seat playing some mindless phone game. Plus, he looks really cute, if you ask me.


Looking back, we see him on a chilly school morning, cuddled up on the couch snuggled up next to him is his trusty cuddle buddy, Wonder Mutt... both of them trying to prolong the quiet time before the hustle and bustle of trying to get out of the door for school and work.

Like the photo above, I don't resent him taking some "me time" in the mornings like this. I know my own mother had days where she had to work a lot harder to get ME out of the door on time and I am much more likely to be labeled a morning person than any other member of this family.

But regardless of who is or is not a morning person, the Boy has a routine and it seems to work for him. I'm glad he has worked himself into this morning schedule. I think it will serve him well when he leaves home.

No comments:

Post a Comment