Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Project 13 to 13: Day 10

I'm having a little panic attack at the fact that this project has hit double digits. On the one hand, I have been able to feature 10 sweet flashback photos and 10 up-to-date snaps of Wonder Boy. But on the OTHER hand, that means there is only 3 days left until my guy turns into a TEENAGER! AAARRRGGGHHH!

I think I'm going to live in denial and just ignore that for now (we'll all be better off if I do) ...

So ... back to business ... today's featured snap is a fun one! See!


So far, this project has been entirely for my benefit. Wonder Boy has begrudgingly allowed me my snap each day. Sometimes my request has been granted among exasperated sighs and exaggerated eye rolls, but it's been granted none-the-less. And I have been thankful. What you see in those snaps is my Boy, exactly as he is at this point in his life. The REAL Wonder Boy, not some overly nostalgic version that I cook up in my head. And that is SO true for this photo.

You see this photo is ALL Wonder Boy's doing. He came up with the idea, the pose, all of it. OK. I added the processing - kind of an "acid wash" for PhotoShop - but I think it goes with the attitude he was showing off. Wonder Boy styled the wrap around shades (which are actually just those flimsy things the eye doctor gives you after they dilate your pupils) and donned his head phones, parked himself in his computer chair, crossed his arms, and instructed me to snap away. This is his "DJ look," he tells me. And I just LOVE IT!

I also love that he's in his TAMU Engineering t-shirt. Today is "College Gear Day" at his school. And I think he's geared up quite well. Maybe one day he'll be an Aggie Engineer. Until then, he's still my favorite engineer!

Our flashback snap for today is another favorite of mine, taken on his first day of 4th grade in 2011.


That was a fun school year. It was his last year at the neighborhood elementary school. And by that time, he and his classmates probably felt like they owned the place. He had a confidence and a swagger that we hadn't seen before, when it came to gearing up for the new school year. That confidence has followed him through Intermediate School and even on into Middle School. I hope we continue to see that grow in him each and every school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment