Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Project 19 to 19: Day #1

Hamming It Up

I'll be honest, I really didn't expect to be able to continue this project after last year. But if I can find any silver lining in the pandemic lifestyle to which we are all adjusting in 2020, it is having extra time with my dear Wonder Boy (Wonder Guy?, he IS about to turn 19 after all).

As I sat down to find a photo to kick start things for this year, I thought "why not start off with the Boy's very first photo?!". Truth be told, this is NOT his very first photo, it's his second, taken in my 22nd week of pregnancy. Our first ultrasound was taken at the 9 week mark, but at that point, we did not know whether the little bean on the screen was a boy or a girl, so I count this one as his first photo!


We got 3 different little prints on this momentous day, but this one was my favorite because it looked a bit like he was waving at us. I knew even then that my Wonder Boy would be a ham for the camera (though I didn't know how quickly he would grow tired of my mom-tographer ways).

So here we are on Day #1 in our countdown to the Boy's 19th birthday and, as you can see, he is STILL hamming it up for me and my camera!


He acutally does this grandiose emergence from his bedroom several times a day. We left the tinsel curtain hanging after his graduation and first day of college celebrations. He really seems to love passing through it as he comes and goes.

In truth, only Wonder Mutt seems to be put out by it and he refuses to walk through unless one of us parts the way for him. But the rest of us get a kick out of it so I think it will stay!

This year has been .... unusual ... trying ... and just so different from every other build up to the Boy's birthday. Reasons to celebrate have been few and far between and the ability to hold even the smallest of festive gatherings has been all but impossible, I think that makes this project and the annual countdown even more important than ever. And I hope the Boy will appreciate it as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment