Monday, August 24, 2015

Big Man On Campus

Well ... it's happened, we blinked and another summer has flown past us. And today our Wonder Boy kicks off his 8th grade year.


As you can see from this look back to his first day of kindergarten, he is no longer the shy little boy content to huddle on his mom's lap. Of course, having him on my lap these days is not quite the same experience it was all those years ago. He towers a good 6" over me now and those long legs of his have to fold quite a bit in order for him to fit.

But that shine in his eyes - that remains, as does his excitement over the start of a new school year.

This summer has been a pretty busy one for him. And while I know he might wish for a few more slow paced days, I also know that there is a big part of him that is ready to spend time with his "buds," learn a few new things, and to see what 8th grade has in store for him.

As for me, I am once again hoping to slow things down a bit. I want to savor as much of this year as possible... before I blink again and find that he's off to high school!

No comments:

Post a Comment