Saturday, September 23, 2017

Project 16 to 16: Day 5

It's Day 5 of our count down to Wonder Boy's big day. And today I am going to again talk about something of which I have mentioned every year, I am sure: the role that music plays in the boy's life!


For the past few months, the boy has started playing around with this classical guitar. He starts official lessons in a few days, but he had made some really incredible gains on his own. And, at present, I enjoy hearing his guitar practice more than any other instrument he plays (& that is saying something because I really love them all)!

Looking back, we see our dear Boy in 2005, conducting the soundtrack to the movie Fantasia. Even at such a young age he was drawn to classical music. As the movie began, he would take center stage in the living room, raise his hands with the conductor, and completely steal the show for all of us present. As the screen faded into the cartoonist's interpretation of the notes, Wonder Boy began to dance and sway around the room. It was a show I truly miss seeing. But more than that, I think it was a glimpse into the importance music will always be to our Boy.

I am glad the Boy has music in his life. I have seen it bring peace when he was troubled. I have seen it echo the joy and glee felt on the best of days. And I have seen it focus his thoughts when he was anxious or having trouble getting settled.

And maybe the best part is that music is a blessing that can be shared!

1 comment:

  1. I have a funny story of Randall and Fantasia! I LOVE this post!

    ReplyDelete