Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Project 16 to 16: Day 9

Today has been a long day. We've all been battling some kind of a virus. The Boy and I are finally on the mend, but Wonder Dad is still somewhat under the weather. And even though I am feeling better, I am certainly not ALL better just yet.

But with that said, it's been a long day for us all. And to top things off, the Boy has a very full study schedule for tonight! Assignments in 3 classes and his first cumulative exam of the semester!

We are learning that the secret to a successful night of school work is the proper FUEL for the Boy's brain! Now, don't get me wrong, we make sure he eats plenty of good-for-you-foods during the day. But we don't mind indulging him these kinds of snacks if it helps him focus on the work at hand.


In our look back for today I wanted to share one of my all-time favorite snaps of our sweet boy! I wanted these photos to use as a special gift for Wonder Dad. But by this age, Wonder Boy was very tired of me pointing my camera at him at every opportunity. However, I was in for some serious luck this afternoon! The Boy was in a mood to tell me knock-knock jokes. And while he really needed to work on his delivery, just the act of telling the jokes had us BOTH in stitches throughout the little photo shoot!

This is one of those afternoons that I will never forget! Just the sight of his smile in this snap and I can literally HEAR him giggling as he tried to surprise me with the punchline for his next joke. He laughed before he ever got the words out and that made CERTAIN that I too would double over with laughter!

Sometimes looking back on these photos is bitter sweet, but with a memory like this one, it's just plain sweet!

1 comment:

  1. I think I could study with some snacks like that! Yummy! He's such a doll! Crazy how fast time has went by!

    ReplyDelete