Thursday, September 26, 2019

Project 18 to 18: Day 10

Movie Madness: the numbers game

I had a different idea for today's photo theme, but it didn't come to pass. BUT ... as luck would have it, when waiting for Wonder Dad to get off of work yesterday, the Boy and I struck up a round of what is currently his favorite "game" to play. We call it "The Numbers Game."

Over the past couple of years, the Boy has become a big fan of Anime. He keeps a numbered list of all of the titles he has seen. So, at random, I will give him a number and he will pull FROM MEMORY all of the details about that particular series or movie. He tells me the plot line and gives a brief critique of the animation, story line, musical score, and anything else that has stood out to him.

There are literally hundreds of titles on his list so far and he still manages to keep a mental account of them all!


Looking back, we see our Wonder Boy adorned with 3-D specs. This was so he could enjoy his favorite movie of the day: Spy Kids 3 (3-D).

I always enjoyed watching him watch the movie. I'm not a fan of 3D productions in general, but Wonder Boy was enthralled with the whole Spy Kids franchise and his favorite was Spy Kids 3. I suspect that this was due at least in part to the fact that the subject matter was concerned with a video game - an evil game, but a game none the less.

While the Boy's taste in entertainment has evolved over the years, I am thankful that he doesn't mind sharing it with his family!

No comments:

Post a Comment