Monday, September 23, 2019

Project 18 to 18: Day 7

School days, school days
Dear old golden rule days ...

Once again, as the sands in the hour glass race toward the bottom of the Boy's time in high school, I find myself looking back to those early days of elementary school.

Only for one little minute on the morning of his very first day of school, did the Boy show any trepidation at being at school. Since then, he's claimed his spot on campus and made his way through the halls of four different campuses around town for elementary school, intermediate school, middle school, and now high school.


In each case, he's waded his way through the murky waters until he was the big fish in the pond. But now, he's headed for an ocean disguised as a college campus! And he is comping at the bit to get his chance to leap off the diving board right into the deep end!

I, on the other hand, am shaking in my shoes a lot more than the Boy did on that first day of Kindergarten. I ask myself if we've taught him what he needs to know. I wonder if he will choose some place far from home. I wonder how empty the house will feel once he no longer lives there full time.

But none of my concerns truly matter. And honestly, I know that he's been preparing for that day for some time. And regardless of which campus he will call home, I know he will make his mark and find his path, just like he has in every other school he's experienced thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment